- 0202.June.ThursdayBarnes and Noble, Roseville, CA1256 Galleria Boulevard, Roseville, CA 95678, United States
At Creekside Center
- 0808.June.WednesdayKING Channel 5 Seattle1501 1st Avenue South, Seattle, WA, United States
Liza Marie Garcia was interviewed on Seattle’s KING 5 TV’s “The Morning News” @ 7:15AM PDT 6/8/2016 for two segments:
Segment 1: Working Moms and Mompreneurs. The balance of a working parent.
- Why I think I’m a better parent because I’m a working mom
- It takes a village AND a well built network to help care for your children (mother’s network)
- We have no “work” days in order to fully be plugged into our family time. My daughters have strict rules about their time with technology also.
Segment 2: Summer and Kids/Balance for single parents, and how to keep your children engaged during the summer.
- Our Summer now turns a “part time” job into 24/7 position in the summer. How I prepare all school year for this time.
- Choose your summer camp carefully – camp could be to “stretch” your children
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean all structure/schedule goes out the window
- What is gained by playdates with a purpose
- Build/Grow/create your own “summer Mom network”
- 2323.June.ThursdayC.I. Shenanigans3017 Ruston Way, Tacoma, WA 98402, United States
- How you can treat your children like employees of your organization
- You are the CEO of your family
- There is no less than a PHD degree in your children’s future
- Why mother’s should network and how to build a network in your community
- It does take a village!
Liza Garcia was 27 years old when she started her first IT Telecommunication software firm, she was one of the first female software design engineers for IBM. Her company based in both Seattle and Portland markets brought national and international exposure to her and her team. Throughout this experience in what was nearly 100% male-dominated industry, she learned the rules for not only working in corporate America, but gained the respect which lead to her become a reputed voice in that environment. She is currently CEO of Enterprise Communication Services, headquartered in Tampa Florida.
Ms. Garcia has been featured on ABC, WFLA Daytime and a number of radio programs and speaks and blogs about the challenges of being a Single Working Mom. She is a certified women’s mentor through Mentoring Women’s Network, and Working Women Tampa Bay. She is a distinguished member of the Board of Directors for “Little Light of Mine” a member of the Tampa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, The Chamber of Commerce of St. Petersburg.